Coffee culture celebrated in Vietnam (Coffee Day Festival)

The coffee day festival is currently being held in Vietnam, and until December 11th in Hô Chi Minh-Ville (Biggest city in Vietnam). An ideal opportunity to put forward the values of these cultivators, whom are unknown to the public, although they still purchase coffees of exception.

Coffee in Vietnam

Flavour diversity

We can find in this country, depending on its geography and seasons, different climates, which are ideal for the culture of coffee. In contrary to big producers of coffee that favours 100% Arabica mixes, Vietnam puts forward a blend from a wide range of flavours to increase persistence in the mouth. We can find over 15 different varieties, such as the Arabica, Robusta, Liberica, Excelsa, Catimor, etc. The Vietnamese also produce one of the most expensive coffees in the world, the famous Kopi Luwak.

A flourishing economy

According to the ministry of Agriculture and Rural development of Vietnam, this South East country in Asia has become the 5th biggest exporter of instant coffee in the world, behind Brazil, Indonesia, Malaysia and India. The market share of this product is quickly growing, with a progress of 7.3% since 2010.

The country is also a huge producer of Robusta, perhaps the biggest in the world. With their label “Vietnamese Coffee”, they are currently in over 40 countries across the world. In 2012, they even dethroned Brazil as the main exporter in the planet. The U.S. and Germany remain Vietnam’s main clients, having respectively 13% and 11% of national exports. The coffee sector contributes 3% of national GDP. However, only 5% of the annual production is destined to the consumption of the country, the rest of the 95% is exported internationally.

Café liégeoisCoffeeDevelopmentFestivalProducersRobustaVietnam

Leave a comment

All comments are moderated before being published